1. Selected definitions and terms
- CRYSTAL MAILS (hereinafter referred to as CM) is the project of the company Crystal Web Limited, Bexley Square 6, Salford, M3 6BZ, United Kingdom (in the Czech Republic Crystal Web Limited – organisational unit, registered office Bořivojova 35/878, Prague 3 – Žižkov, Postcode 130 00, Czech Republic).
- CRYSTAL MAILS (hereinafter referred to as CM) provides an on-line environment for the administration and implementation of e-mail campaigns (a service enabling the creation and distribution of messages by e-mail).
- The term “service“ includes the service for clients provided by CM through the application located at www.crystalmails.com.
- The term “Client” includes a natural person or corporate body which was registered for use of the service and confirmed during registration that they will use the service according to law and according to these principles for the protection of personal data.
- The term “personal data“ includes all information about individuals (as defined in the II.F).
- The term “list of recipients“ represents the list of personal e-mail addresses to which the client sent or wants to send data and CM acquired together with further additional personal information within the provision of the service as personal data.
2. Classification of the collected information
- Information acquired during the registration at the free and paid service and received e-mails. This information includes your IP address, name, e-mail address and may also include depending on the data provided the postal address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, payment card information and other information, such as sex, employment and other demographic information. By providing this information you provide your consent for the storage and use of information in accordance with these principles.
- Information about the campaign and the list of recipients to whom we enable access within the provision of the service.
- Other operating information, such as periodicity of the use of service, cookies, information about browsers, operating systems, etc.
- information about e-mails sent to registered clients or recipients of requested messages. We collect information about opening e-mails and clicking on links.
- Additional information can be collected when using further services, searching on the Internet or other places.
3. Using and providing personal data
Using and providing personal data is only when:
- Ensuring the functionality and use of CM services.
- Informing clients of new system functions, changes to services, planning technical downtime, updates.
- Informing clients of new business conditions or principles for the protection of personal data, contracts or other important documents.
- Informing clients of changes in the company (fusion, change of legal form, etc.).
- Standard operating communication with clients.
- Sending of invoices, summaries of due amounts, notifications and announcements.
- Processing of financial transactions.
- Ensuring client support.
- Collecting feedback.
- Protection of rights and for the fulfilment of legal requirements (e.g. legal order, summons).
- Support of court and arbitration proceedings.
- Collecting information with advisers (e.g. lawyer) for the purpose of accordance with legal or other legal requirements.
- Analysis of data and improving the services provided (e.g. benchmarking or general comparison of campaigns.
- For the required (“opt-in”) informing of clients of news and offers.
- For informing of any physical (robbery, attack, ..) or Internet (hacking) intervention into the security or significant attempt about the intervention into the security by third party for the purpose of acquiring the personal data of the client and personal data from their list of recipients.
4. Lists of recipients
The list of recipients of the client is physically and electronically stored in a secured environment and only authorised CM employees have access to this environment.
CM will not use the lists of recipients of the client (provision to third parties, sale, theft, own use) if the law does not require such and if it does not concern a reply to a direct claim.
CM will provide lists of recipients to:
- Ensure client support at the request of the client.
- Protect rights and for the fulfilment of legal requirements (e.g. legal order, summons).
- Support court and arbitration proceedings.
- Analyse data and improve the services provided (e.g. benchmarking or general comparison of campaigns).
- Share information with advisers (e.g. lawyer) for the purpose of accordance with legal or other legal requirements.
In the case of the change of property and ownership structures (fusion, etc.) CM ensures that the resulting succession organisation will respect these principles for the protection of personal data.
5. Content of e-mail campaigns
Due to the fact that sent e-mails pass through many third party servers, third parties can read the contents of the messages. E-mail is not designed for the distribution of confidential information.
CM is entitled to conduct random inspections of the content of distributed messages in accordance with the business terms, principles for the protection of personal data and to ensure legal compliance (e.g. prevention of the Nazi propaganda etc.)
6. Notification of changes
Changes in principles for the protection of personal data will be published on www.crystalmails.com and also distributed by e-mail to clients 30 days in advance.
The client may submit an objection to the changes within 30 days from publication at www.crystalmails.com or from sending the e-mail to the CM client. If the client will submit an objection, it is considered that the change between CM and the specific client is not valid for all facts from the origination of the relation between the client and CM up to the effective date of the proposed change, although for all changes after the effective date, the change is valid.
7. Correctness of data
The client is liable to immediately inform CM of changes in their contact data (e.g. e-mail address).
Client data is stored by CM for the period required for the provision of services. Information about the distribution of e-mails and campaigns with claims is stored for an unlimited period.
8. Notification of the breaching of security
In the case of breaching of security or unauthorized intervention into the CM system, which can affect the client or person in the list of recipients, the CM will inform the client as soon as possible. Consequently, CM will also advise the corrective measures taken in response to the intervention.
9. Office for the Protection of Personal Data
In the Czech Republic the CM is registered by the Office for the Protection of Personal Data in accordance with these principles under registration number 00041392. According to the law, we are liable for the data of our clients, although not in the case of personal data for the list of recipients of the client where we act and process the subject of such data.
These principles for the protection of personal data are valid if it concerns data we acquired from the registration of the client in accordance with terms of the use.
In the case of inquiries, comments, doubts, necessity to change or remove personal data, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail us at the address:
CRYSTAL WEB LIMITED – organisational unit
Mírového hnutí 2137/7
149 00, Prague 4 – Chodov
Valid at 1.12.2011